Pothole Repair & Tarmac Repair Products
Pothole Repair & Prevention Products
Potholes are a significant problem on the UK road network. Caused by our temperate climate with hot summers and wet, cold winters they are inevitable. For this reason, we stock a wide range of pothole repair and pothole prevention products.
These products vary in design and application method, but all serve the purpose of improving the durability of tarmac and asphalt road surfaces. We have pothole repair kits that can be used to repair potholes that have already formed. We stock Sealants and Overbanding. Stop a pothole before it starts with these professional grade products.
Key Features of Our Pothole Repair Range:
- Easy to use - All our products are easy to use. Our products require Minimal technical knowledge to use and achieve a great long lasting result.
- Comprehensive Instructions - Most of our products come with full instructions on the packaging. If they are not present on the packaging, our website will have a PDF instruction set to view.
- Long lasting - What is the point of repairing a pothole if it comes straight back? The products we sell are hard wearing and durable.
- Suitable for home & highway use - If you are a home user then these products are just as much for you as a giant road contractor.
Stopping a pothole getting started is far better than fixing an established pothole. A bit like closing the gate after the horse has bolted. It takes more time, money and material than prevention, especially on the public highway.
Our Prevention Products include;
- ColdFix - Fix small cracks in their infancy. Applied cold straight from a cartridge much like bathroom sealant. Coldfix flows into cracks and sets.
- HAPAS Overbanding - Many potholes form around areas where utility works have previously been carried out. The join between old and new is especially vulnerable to water ingress. Seal joints and prevent future surface failure with our HAPAS approved Thermoplastic overbanding.
- Surface Defect Repair - SDR makes an appearance here again as it is both a repair and prevention product. Use SDR on large shallow delaminations. It cannot be used on potholes that are too deep.
Once a pothole is there and has developed it needs to be fixed as fast as possible to prevent it from getting worse. Here is where our pothole repair product line comes into play.
The Great Thing about our repair products is that they are all easy to use. Our range of repair products includes;
- ViaFix Pothole Repair Kits - Available in bags or tubs Viafix is exceptionally easy to use. Requires almost zero prep work and will even set underwater! Great for home and DIY installs yet durable enough for roadway use. It also needs no tools to use!
- Surface Defect Repair - SDR makes an appearance here again as it is both a repair and prevention product. It cannot be used on deep holes but can fix large delaminations.
Sprays & Sealants
We also stock a wide range of sealants that seal surrounding areas ready for repair. These products are only needed in some circumstances, so we would recommend you read up on their use before purchasing. Prevent water ingress by using spray sealants to seal joins against ironwork and other inserts.
What Causes Potholes?
Freezing winter weather conditions coupled with water ingress are the primary cause of potholes in the UK. Defects and cracks in tarmac and asphalt surfaces fill with water during wet and frosty weather.
The water in these cracks freezes during cold weather. Expanding and widens the crack. This process repeats until the surface is brittle and breaks away under road traffic. This is where HGV traffic and other vehicles can make a small hole MUCH deeper. The cold is why our roads in the UK are much worse after the winter than any other time of the year.
Freeze-Thaw is the technical name for the freezing and thawing action that causes the initial failure of tarmac. You can find out more about how this process works here in this BBC article.
Permanent Pothole Repairs
Our products will put a stop to potholes before they get going, or prevent them getting worse than if left untreated. If you are not sure what product may be best for your needs, then please do not hesitate to contact us on our sales line +44 (0)1905 794875. Our staff will be happy to assist you in getting the right products for your needs and budget.