- £51.59 Ex VAT
- Inc VAT: £61.91
- 10 or more £50.48 ea. (Ex VAT)
- 20 or more £49.49 ea. (Ex VAT)
- Click For Bulk Deals!
- In Stock Ready To Go In Our Warehouse.
- Same Day Dispatch Order before 2PM.
- Secure Shopping High Security Checkout.
- Availability: In Stock
- Brand: Melba Swintex
Bulk Deals On This Product
Prices are available only for complete deals.
Looking for even larger quantities? Give us a call on 01905 794 875 to discuss your requirements.
Utility Barrier - 750mm or 1 metre
The Utility Barrier is the ideal manhole barrier for almost all pedestrian manhole applications. A compact footprint for storage and transport, this has improved stability over other competitors due to its unique double clip design.
The utility barrier has been officially approved for use by Openreach, a BT Business Group. Available in two sizes, 750mm and 1 metre per gate, it is suited to a wide range of applications - the 1-metre gate being particularly popular.
Although we frequently refer to this barrier as a manhole barrier it is actually suitable for many other applications. The Melba Utility Barrier can be used to cordon off areas during works or keep pedestrians away from telecom junction boxes. Whilst cleaning operations are in progress that barrier can be deployed to block isles in supermarkets and other retail locations.
Key Features Of The Utility Barrier
- Available in 750mm and 1 Metre formats - A Sizes suitable for different applications and job requirements.
- Retroreflective Panels - Each panel has a reflective area that is recessed to prevent scuffs when stacked and improves visibility for traffic.
- Easy To Stack - Includes interlocking lugs on every panel allowing these barriers to stack securely.
- Water Run-Off Channels - Ensures rainwater runs off the barriers when laid flat and stored outside.
- Extremely Durable - Made from strong 100% recyclable material that is hard-wearing and can withstand heavy-duty use.
- Suitable For Use Indoors & Outdoors - perfect for use on construction sites, around out of service elevators and for closing off shopping isles.
- Lightweight & Compact - Can be easily carried by a single person, deployed quickly, and takes up minimal space in vehicles whilst in transit.
Where Can The Utility Barrier Be Used?
As the name suggests the key marketplace of this barrier is the utility sector, where pedestrians need to be kept clear of gas, water and telecommunications worksites. However, this compact barrier punches well above its weight and is a great tool for many other applications, some places you may see the utility barrier includes;
- Airports - close off out of use areas or unused escalators or lifts.
- Factories - Close off a safe area around machines where cleaning or maintenance is in progress.
- Warehouses - Close down isles where reach trucks and other heavy equipment is being used.
- Construction Sites - Create a boundary around a working area.
- Supermarkets & Shopping Centres - For safely cordoning off spills or out of order areas.
Stacking lugs mean even more stability when transporting in bulk.
High Stability Hinge
This unique hinge design means that it is incredibly stable whilst in use.
Designed for a Long Life
All areas of the design have been optimised for durability and a long life.
Need Help Finding The Best Barrier For Your Needs?
If you cannot find the barrier you need then give us a call! We have a huge range of plastic barrier systems to choose from many of which are on the shelf with next day delivery available. So if you need any assistance at all give our friendly sales team a call on 01905 794 875 today.
|Conforms||Chapter 8, Reflectivity requirements of BSEN12899-1|
|AccuChecked||✔ (The specification has been independently checked for accuracy)|
|AccuPhoto||✔ (The photos are of the actual product type that you are ordering)|
|Depth||Single Gate: 20.95mm, 4-gate: 82.48mm|
|Height||Barrier:1000mm, Reflective Strip: 139.63mm|
|Width||750mm or 1000mm|
|Per Unit||750mm: 13.7kg|
|Type||HDPE (UV Stabilized High Density Polyethylene)|
|Colour||Red Barrier with Red and White reflective strip|
|Per Pallet||750mm: 274kg|
Customer Questions & Answers
Be the first to ask a question.